Wednesday, April 7, 2010

#$ Sharp Aquos LC42D64U 42 Inch 1080p LCD HDTV



I have a Sharp TV(LC-42D64U). I bought it in Sept 2007. I have used the TV for about 2years. I recently downloaded firmware update(d64ua120.uvp) for my TV from sharp website. First, I formatted my thumb drive to FAT. Then I moved the new firmware file to my thumb drive. Finally, I put my thumb drive into my TV and attempted to update new firmware. I also followed all the necessary steps such as selecting update from the main menu, etc. But when around 12% of firmware update was completed, I got a message saying that the updating process has been failed. I tried it again and again but the same message popped up every time. I turned my TV off and then turned it back on. I called Sharp customer service but they couldn't fix the problem. Now my TV won't even turn on. It's just black--just the green power light and green OPC light blink alternatively. Finally, I had to take the TV to a Sharp recommended repair shop only to find out that the main board has been "wiped out" and that I would need to replace the board. It'll be $605.00(included labor charge) + tax to fix it. OMG!! I can't believe it. I just tried to update the new firmware!! I've updated new firmware before without any issues. I did not do anything differently this time. I don't get it!! I don't like Sharp TV!!! Don't try firmware update!!!
(90 customers reviews)
Customers Rating=4.5 / 5.0

More Detail For Sharp Aquos LC42D64U 42 Inch 1080p LCD HDTV


  • 42" HDTV LCD-TV with Full HD 1080p resolution
  • 10,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
  • 4ms Response Time
  • PC Input
  • RS-232C Input for control

No comments:

Post a Comment